The Associate Product Manager, Apps will work with the Director, Product and assist the RSN Corporate teams by coordinating, implementing, and updating iOS and Google Play products, to further content, sales and marketing initiatives. This role will help plan, manage, and deliver products, from conception through testing and deployment, within scope, budget and timelines.
- Work with the Director, Product to coordinate and communicate all app product releases with local multiplatform teams
- Take the lead on any special projects, sales, research or symphony initiatives requiring app site implementation
- Collaborate with product, technical and operational teams to determine business and technical requirements for new product delivery
- Manage detailed product schedules/plans, to see features and products through the product development lifecycle, including training, maintenance, and post-launch analysis.
- Research competition and adjacent markets to identify emerging trends and new business opportunities.
- Manage workflow with 3rd party product teams or vendors
- Work with strategic partners to manage campaign integration (ex. Yahoo, SB Nation)
- Support the Manager, Business Intelligence and Ad Ops in optimizing sales integrations
- Work with the content team on strategic product implementations designed to increase traffic and engagement
- Support RSNs in QA and issue escalation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or relevant work experience
- Minimum two (2) years' experience working in Digital Product management
- Proven track record with product development and/or production
- Experience with Drupal-based CMS and site management tools
- Experience working on iOS and Google Play apps
- Basic HTML and Photoshop skills required
- Experience working with shared resources (ex. Engineering, Design)
- Experience with JIRA
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills
- Sports and/or News category experience
- Strength in working both independently and across cross-functional teams
- Experience with web publishing
- Experience with app publishing
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 9 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Northwest, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia+ and SportsNet New York.