Producer/Editor - ACCDN
The ACCDN (Atlantic Coast Conference Digital Network) is looking for a team-first, energetic, creative Producer/Editor with a passion for producing industry-leading content in the digital space. The ideal candidate can oversee and manage projects, enterprise fresh concepts and content and work within a team and the goals established by the organization as a whole.
The ACCDN is responsible for developing and distributing on-demand and live programming covering the Atlantic Coast Conference’s teams and athletes. The programming, which includes varying lengths and formats that leverage the rights to ACC game footage that reside within the ACCDN, can be seen on theacc.com, ACC mobile applications, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MSN.com, Yahoo and across the leading OTT platforms including AppleTV, Android TV and Roku.
- Produce and manage the production of video on demand programming for today’s digital-first audience.
- Ability to edit multiple, daily, professional quality, finished, short-form video programs (AVID Media Composer experience preferred).
- Ability to integrate graphics and animation into the video, create graphics and provide direction for graphic elements and other enhancements within programming.
- Pitch Senior Producer on programming ideas, coverage plans and concepts – including recommended execution plans and workflow.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the ACCDN team, including: AP’s, PA’s, editors, talent, etc., to accomplish the programming goals and contribute to each individual’s growth as video production professionals while advancing the goals of the business.
- Script writing as needed.
- Properly upload and tag videos onto distribution platforms.
- Operate other content generation systems as employed by the business, i.e., automated highlight systems
- Provide direction for graphic elements and other enhancements within programming.
- 3-5 years working as a Producer and / or Editor in sports television or digital production.
- Must possess an ability to work quickly and accurately, simultaneously working on multiple projects in a single day and meet intense deadlines.
- Familiarity with online, social and mobile media practices, platforms and strategies.
- Analytical skills to apply to continual analysis of viewing data, programming mix, opportunistic programming, etc.
- Sports fan with specific knowledge of college sports (Atlantic Coast Conference knowledge preferred)
- Proven and experienced leader
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative process
- Proficiency with AVID Media Composer editing systems
- Willingness to work varied hours including nights and weekends. (Note: Our schedule largely mirrors that of the College Football and Basketball seasons and the school year as a whole)