Expertise of basic web development is required, and experience with animation, video, illustration, and/or photography is a plus. All candidates must possess a portfolio demonstrating strong mobile and desktop design work, including a solid understanding of layout, typography, and storytelling techniques, as well as a smart UX sensibility. A background in print or packaging design is not a deterrent for consideration, but some digital work must be present in a candidate’s portfolio. Candidates will be expected to be quick learners with creative ideas and have the proven ability to work collaboratively.
The Digital Designer will primarily be responsible for supporting the overall digital design and production needs of our clients, new business activities and in-house marketing efforts. At times, the Designer will be asked to support non-digital efforts, so an openness to challenges and learning is a must.
This role requires extensive inter-department communication and the ability to effectively communicate across teams. You will help to educate colleagues as well as clients on best practices, technical feasibility, and digital opportunities.
- Work across a wide range of the agency’s clients to convey interactive story ideas and complex interactions with wireframes and prototypes
- Produce, optimize and output final web-ready digital artwork
- Design for a variety of web related projects: microsites, landing pages, motion graphics, infographics, animated gifs, data-visualizations, emails, display ads, etc.
- Develop the front-end of websites on the WordPress platform, using HTML and CSS to leave your creative mark on established themes and plugins
- Create presentations that intelligently incorporate audio, video, images, animations and text to leave an impact on internal and external audiences
- Work with internal teams to develop strategic digital recommendations that help accomplish client objectives and drive results
- Think independently to create new ideas and concepts that execute against strategic initiatives to support goals and objectives on-time and on budget
- Translate visual ideas and identities across multiple channels, including physical products, to ensure brand aesthetic cohesion
- Share feedback and provide solutions for a myriad of externally designed deliverables produced by clients and outside vendors
- Consult and share best practices during the ideation and pitch phase, providing insight and strategy for digital media and custom content to clients and other stakeholders
- Own emerging technology evaluation, ensuring the most relevant solutions are being implemented, both in the design and the development spheres
- Track hours across projects to manage time wisely to allow for the independent, accurate design and production of multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Ensure seamless integration with other agency partners and across project scope of work
- Consider the wider impact of the products you design, positively influencing the entire user journey
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent visual and interactive design skills; a clear grasp of typography, layout, hierarchy, color, motion, and behavior
- Understanding of the WordPress platform and/or similar Content Management Systems is essential
- Deep knowledge of the production process; able to work off a creative brief and translate it into designed deliverable
- Proficient in Sketch, Invision, Adobe CC and Office 365
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; focused on team success and collaboration
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and move quickly with efficiency and attention to detail
- Creativity and penchant for innovation, strategic thinking and critical thought
- Eagerness to learn and stay current in the digital space
- Ability to effectively present work to colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong editorial judgement, with an eye for audience stewardship and lifting valuable messages to the surface of user awareness
- Experience with presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote is a plus
- The drive to see projects through to the end and deal with the adversities along the way
- Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learning to improve
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree required - preferred focus in Graphic / Web Design or equivalent
- 2- 4 years of progressive experience, ideally in an agency setting or similarly structured environment where multiple clients and projects are simultaneously worked on
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change. Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive benefits package. All job offers are contingent on successful completion of a reference check.
Rubenstein is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/SO.
For more information, please visit our website: www. rubenstein.com.