Button’s mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there.
As a Multiplatform Software Engineer at Button, you will be the first full stack web expert embedded on our mobile team. You'll be responsible for building and maintaining the server APIs that power our Android, iOS, and JS SDKs. You'll also lead the development of innovative multi-platform experiences that blur the lines between Android, iOS, and web via our custom embedded commerce browser and mobile SDKs.
AS A MULTIPLATFORM SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Solve problems end-to-end by building workflows, tools, and UIs that weave together different systems and product concepts.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to develop major new products to drive the future of our business and industry.
- You will be the person on the team who bridges backend concepts to the ultimate end-user experiences we want to achieve.
- Develop innovative new technologies that blend native and mobile web development into a seamless experience for our partners and users.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- Broad understanding of frontend development and building rich web applications that are optimized for mobile experiences.
- Excellent understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, and reliability and troubleshooting in these environments.
- Experience and comfort in a production environment. You’ll be working in a “magic-free” service-oriented environment, using AWS ECS, Docker, and HTTP everywhere.
- Native mobile development experience (Android/iOS) is a plus!
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- Chuck Greb, Engineering Manager: Passionate about building SDKs and tools that increase developer and user happiness. Chuck is a contributor and maintainer of open-source projects, conference speaker, and Google Developer Group (GDG) organizer.
- James (or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
MORE ABOUT US:
- Button was founded in 2014. We’ve raised $65M in funding. Most recently we announced our $30M Series C in June 2019, led by Icon Ventures. Our investors include Norwest, Redpoint, Greycroft, DCM, and Capital One Ventures. We’re approximately 40 engineers and 120 people overall.
- We believe and invest in personal growth, and we’ve got the results to back it up. We’ve been recognized multiple times by Fortune, Inc., and Crain’s magazines as one of the best places to work in the US.
- We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google; from financial giants like Bloomberg and MasterCard; and from previous startups like Chartbeat, Compass, and Blue Apron. We were especially proud the first time we hired a coding boot camp graduate.
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.