• Works as part of Editorial team to pitch, research, develop, fact check and gather supporting elements for news stories;
• Coordinates logistical activities (scheduling, booking quests, locations, releases, etc.) of reporting team;
• Reviews raw footage as appropriate in preparation for editing process;
• Assist with graphics, gathers archival footage and interactive materials for both television and digital use.
• A minimum of 2 years news gathering experience, candidates with newsroom environment are preferred;
• Excellent copy editing and news story/headline writing skills;
• Superior organizational, interpersonal and project management skills;
• Must possess knowledge of government and social policy issues, on national and state level;
• Familiarity with AP style;
• BA/BS or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate has an interest in news and familiarity with New Jersey issues.
Apply online at NJTV Careers
Public Media NJ
283-299 Market Street
Newark, NJ 07102
PMNJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.