The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Finance, and work closely with our Ad Sales
and Operations teams. This person will primarily be responsible for calculating revenue and
reporting for a subset of our business. This position will conduct monthly and quarterly close
activities for revenue, validate and reconcile revenue related accounts to various systems,
assist in analyzing data, and prepare reports for auditors and management. An ideal candidate
should possess great attention to detail and be highly motivated to get things done. We are
looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently and
cooperatively with other teams in support of the company's revenue drivers and initiatives.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in New York City. We are in a convenient location in Times Square near Grand Central, Penn Station and a host of subway options.
As a member of our team, you will
- Ensuring accurate monthly reconciliation of specific revenue lines and cost of sales for compliance with accounting principles for month end close
- Prepare and issue advertising campaign invoices timely and accurately
- Liaise with Sales and Ad Operations departments to resolve ad campaign issues and discrepancies
- Liaise with Sales Operations on best practices, creating efficiencies, and Q&A
- Effectively communicate customer billing issues with clients and internal teams
- Record and reconcile daily bank receipts in the general ledger
- Assist in monthly revenue financial reports, including detailed customer aging, accounts receivable ratios, account reconciliations, etc.
- Help manage the credit application process for new clients
- Help manage the Accounts Receivables function, drive collection efforts by prioritizing past due balances
- Assist in internal & external financial audits including revenue walkthroughs and the preparation of audit schedules and supporting documentation
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to special projects, system implementations and enhancements, and assisting other teams as needed.
This describe you
- You are a self-starter and feel comfortable managing every aspect of the revenue and accounts receivable process
- Excel excites you
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and think analytically in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable presenting information to all levels of employees, including senior leadership
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are hands-on, love new challenges, and love to improve existing process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounting revenue/billing or media reconciliation capacity
- Advanced experience with MS Excel including the use of pivot tables, v-lookups and sum-If functions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Operative One, Boostr, SAP, and/or Advertising/Media experience a plus
Interested? Great! You might like to know
- We're a fun, energetic, and tight knit team
- We really enjoy music and technology
- We have excellent compensation and benefits packages
- We have premier access to music content and new releases of original media content
- We offer a 401k match
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.