Marketing Coordinator/Creative Content Producer
Position Summary: Marketing Coordinator/Creative Content Producer/Social Media
The Marketing Producer plays a critical role in enabling Presidio Graduate School’s growth, expansion, and impact. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this individual will keep the marketing and content engines fueled and should have a passion for delivering high-quality design and content. Ideally suited for someone who enjoys thinking big as well as focusing on the fine details, this person is a self-starter who is skilled at building processes and systems. This individual will support and lead a variety of projects to tell compelling stories and deliver beautiful finished works to inspire people and organizations as they embark on transformational work. Intellectually curious, s/he will run experiments and gather learnings, offer creative and innovative ideas, and be a valued utility player and thought partner.
This individual will also lead social media for PGS and ensure we create, curate, and promote valuable and engaging content. Part art and part science, this individual will determine the ideal mix of content to share and the right cadence and type of interaction to grow and engage our audience, as well as to measure and analyze performance to keep optimizing these channels. This individual will also work with our agency to oversee our social media advertising and help optimize ad copy/creative for maximum effectiveness.
To help PGS meet ambitious growth goals, our ideal candidate is passionate about the creative process, thrives on managing details and timelines, and maintains a zen attitude in the face of shifting deadlines and competing priorities. Part trafficker and part project manager, this individual will help keep our marketing factory humming by expediting the production process. S/he will triage incoming marketing requests, build and manage project timelines for major initiatives, and keep us on track.
Finally, we seek someone with strong writing and proofreading skills and elegant design capabilities who can inhabit our brand and help us design and deliver assets that embody our visual identity and aesthetic. In addition to producing content, this individual will also have opportunities to write short- and long-form content to meet our growing demand-generation and lead-generation needs. S/he will work closely with freelance designers, web developers, copywriters, and others to ensure that our finished deliverables are produced beautifully, as well as on-time and within budget.
- Managing our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to keep audiences engaged, informed, and entertained, employing a data-driven approach to optimizing performance
- Producing and sharing content across all channels/communication platforms (building social media, email, newsletters, blog, and web content) and leveraging data and insights to improve our content and channel placement so we can continually optimize and improve
- Curating and optimizing on-brand images for all channels; designing infographics, collateral, and other assets; and crafting engaging blog posts and other content to showcase impact creation, amplify alumni success stories, and educate audiences
- Creating and maintaining content calendars and project plans for key initiatives (such as new program launches) that keep us organized, effective, and able to meet our deadlines
- Ensuring effective handling of incoming marketing requests, flagging and troubleshooting any issues as needed, while keeping stakeholders informed
- Managing hand-offs to ensure finished assets of the highest quality are delivered on time; performing quality assurance for all final content and creative to ensure edits and feedback collected throughout the process are correctly reflected in the finished products
- Managing the deployment of finished assets to their respective systems and destinations (e.g., getting finished assets and supporting files into Sharepoint in a timely fashion or onto the website)
- Managing content freshness so that our content reflects program updates, new messaging, and website changes
- Experience managing content/creative projects under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated expertise in managing social media channels and using relevant listening tools and publishing platforms; skilled at measuring and monitoring performance, and able to engage audiences successfully to build warm relationships and a positive view of our brand
- Ability to work successfully and with minimal supervision in a changing environment to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently, with superior organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Skilled at building emails, web pages, and other deliverables in HubSpot and WordPress (or equivalent)
- Ability to manage successful stakeholder relationships by being a quick thinker, an innovative problem-solver, and an effective communicator
- Experience with relevant project management tools and platforms and a sense of curiosity to explore and implement new ways for us to be productive, creative, and effective
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
Is Presidio Graduate School the right place for you?
PGS is not a typical higher ed institution. We are more like a fast-paced social enterprise with a high commitment to academic excellence and student outcomes. In addition, we are in a “rebirth” phase. A high proportion of the staff is new, and we are launching into an invigorating era of program diversification and growth. Our mission is at the core of all we do, and our team highly values social justice and environmental sustainability.
Our team will be working remotely until summer 2021, at which time we plan to have an office near a BART station in San Francisco or Oakland. We compensate our employees well, offer unlimited / flex vacation, and are united in our common mission around sustainability, social justice, and education. Bay Area candidates are preferred for eventual proximity to in-person events, but we will also consider remote candidates who can travel to the Bay Area (post-COVID) and who can work during Pacific time business hours.
TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume attached, your salary expectation, and a brief description of why you are the best fit for this position. Please provide links to the social media accounts you manage (organizational accounts), 1-2 writing samples, and 1-2 design samples showcasing your talents.
Presidio Graduate School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.